WIREGRASS HUMANE SOCIETY
2021 BEST PETS OF THE WIREGRASS CALENDAR
PET PHOTO CONTEST
July 27 – August 15, 2020
Rules and Information
1. Due to Covid-19, we are having our calendar contest online this year. If you are unable to upload and pay for your entry electronically, you may drop off your photos and entry fee at our Second Chance Thrift Shop at 1381 Reeves Street. We will then upload your entry for you. If you have any questions regarding entry, please contact Susan Ethridge at 334-714-3765. Online entry can begin on July 27 (a link will be available by 8:00 am).
2. Everyone is eligible to participate in the Best Pets of the Wiregrass Photo Contest. It is a fundraiser for the WHS, so all entries are welcome and badly needed. However, entries from employees, members of the Board of Directors, and their immediate families are not eligible to win the Cover of the 2021 calendar.
3. It does not matter how many pets are in the photo, but no humans please. All photographs will go through an approval process. The WHS reserves the right to refuse any photograph.
4. Enter as many photos as you desire. Each photo requires a $10.00 donation.
5. Anyone may vote for any entry in the 2021 Best Pets of the Wiregrass Photo Contest. Each $1.00 donation to the WHS counts as one vote. Online voting closes at noon on Saturday, August 15th.
You may vote as many times as you like. You are encouraged to vote for your own pets. Who loves them more than you do? Remember that all votes are donations to help care for and feed the homeless animals at the WHS Shelter and 100% of all donations go directly to the shelter for the care of those animals.
6. All photos entered will be featured in the 2021 calendar:
The photo receiving the most dollar votes will be the “Pet of the Year” and that photo will grace the cover of the 2021 calendar. Again this year, the “Pet of the Year” will also be featured on our shelter van and website homepage for one year!
We will feature 12 “Pets of the Month.” These winners will be also be featured on our website homepage during their “pet of the month.”
All other entries will be featured in the 2021 calendar. Please indicate with your entry if you wish your photo to appear in the Shelter Pet, Memorial, or general calendar page section of the calendar.
7. Online voting via www.wiregrasshumanesociety.com will close at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 15th. At 6:00 we will begin our special overtime voting period at Wiregrass Commons Mall Center Court.
To avoid a group of individuals trying to be the last one to cast their vote, and to ensure that no one will be denied the opportunity to vote, we will have an “overtime period.” In order to prevent standing in line all night while each person votes for $1.00, and then moves to the back of the line to vote again, we will have rounds of voting with increasing minimum amounts.
At 6:00 p.m. we will cordon off the area surrounding anyone competing for one of the top 13 positions (dollar votes) and no one else may join the line or vote.
Each person in line will be allowed to vote a minimum of $25.00 for any and all entries they wish. At the end of the round they must either leave the cordoned area or go to the back of the line for the next round.
Once you leave the cordoned area, you may not rejoin the line or vote again.
If you stay for the next round you must vote at least the new minimum amount which will go up an additional $25.00 per round. Round 2 = $50.00 minimum. Round 3 = $75.00 minimum.
After each round, the leader board will be posted after all persons in line have cast their votes.
The overtime period will continue until no one is left in line to vote.